Sunday, April 15, 2012

Estate Sale - 10 Patterns for $8!

One of my favorite things to do is attend estate sales. Prior to getting back into sewing, I would hunt for antique furniture; now I look for sewing supplies and patterns. I was able to purchase a basket of sewing supplies, such as binding tape, zippers, scissors, and an ironing board for under $20 total and that included the 10 patterns listed below. If you haven't tried going to estate sales, try them, you'll never no what you will find!



Vogue 1723 (1986) - Flared skirt and slighlty flared pants. The skirt has side pockets and pocket opening. The pants had front pleats, slanted pockets and pocket opening. I love both looks!


Simplicity 9113 (1979) - Front wrap skirt in two lengths. I like both lengths, but will probably not make the long version unless there is some formal event I need to attend.


Simplicity 5014 (1972) - I can see this is the maxi for the summer!


Simplicity 7139 (1967) - "A collarless pantdress" is the phase used on the back of the pattern envelop; I like both lengths of this jumpsuit and can't wait to try both!


Butterick 5180 (no date on the envelop) - One-piece dress and coat; I picked this one out for the coat; something I have yet to try, but is on my list for the fall.


McCall's 9213 (1968) - Dress or Jumper and Pantdress/Pantjumper and Blouse. I love the simple dress!


Simplicity 8786 (1978) - Dress in three lenghts and pants; I like View 2.


Simplicity 7118 (1967) - Collarless and sleeveless A-Line dress with loop and button sholder closing. I love the simplicity of this dess, only 7 pieces too!


McCall's 3544 (1973) - Princess dress with a front zipper; I like View C, the sleeveless version.


This one I could not resist! Simplicity 1979 - Body suits, mini-front wrap skirt and bag. I wore body suits all throughout high school and would love to add them back into my woredrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment